Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Currently

Wow! Didn't realize that it had been an entire month since I last posted. Life has been busy to say the least. I have had 3 interviews for new possible positions - will tell more about that in a later post, traveled out of town for one of those interviews, said a final farewell to my grandfather this week, made a flash of a trip to Louisiana - 1400 miles in 2 days is hard, and have tried to keep up with my classroom. Thank goodness for a student teacher! I was thrilled to see Farley's Currently up this morning to get me back on track. I'm not making in promises about regular postings yet.

Listening:  Saturday morning is the morning that I play catch up with all of my TV from the week.  Love my DVR.  Yes, I'm a fan of the Carrie Diaries...love me some Carrie Bradshaw.  In addition to that, I watch New Girl, Downton Abbey, Gray's Anatomy, and Days of Our Lives ( I know, terrible, right?!)

Loving:  Love my new suitcase my husband surprised me with yesterday.  it's me - sorry I don't have a pic - black and white polka dots.  I'm traveling to DC this week and needed new luggage.  I went to TJ Maxx to find some shoes to walk around DC in (unsuccessful), and found a fabulous suitcase for only $40, but I didn't get it.  When I got home I was deeply disappointed in myself.  However, my Prince Charming saved the day.  When I got home from work yesterday he asked me to go get something out of his truck, and what do you think was there....yep, that fabulous suitcase.  Love him for that!

Thinking:  I have a lot of changes coming in the next few months and my to do list is growing.  Our 4th grade is getting ready for the state writing assessment, we are headed to Williamsburg in a month with our classes for an overnight field trip, and teaching the rest of the year.  Not to mention everything that needs to be done at home.  Can anyone say, clean?

Wanting:  To fast forward to summer.  I LOVE my class, but I'm exhausted.  We started a new grade level in our building and it has worn me out completely!  I'm ready for summer vacation!

Needing:  to clean and organize my mess of a house.  

Like: Samoas cookies - Kudos to the Girl Scouts!
Love: Shoes - it's an obsession of mine
Hate:  Sassiness - If I sassed the way some kids do, my mom and dad would have had my tail.

Head over to Farley's Place to see what is currently going on with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Carrie Diaries, too! I have always been a big SATC fan, and I was so skeptical of this TV show. I've got to say, as a SATC prequel I don't love it, but as a completely separate show I think it's great. Don't even get me started on girl scout cookies... I can't eat just one or two! I am horrible when it comes to self control around them... :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted about Soaps in my Currently. I love them.

    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads Alll the Way Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. You needed that new suitcase for all your traveling! Good luck on that overnight field trip. Yikes!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...