With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is very difficult to approach this holiday and not consider what I am thankful for within the 4 walls of my classroom.
I am thankful for...
1. The opportunity to work with administrators that let me experiment, try, and fail in order to find what is best.
2. The natural curiosity that lives within all students that help to make my job easier and exciting.
3. The creativity that teaching allows on a daily basis.
4. The loving support of parents and other teachers. There is NO WAY that I could do this job without you.
5. The lightbulb moments that happen every day.
6. The privilege to help mold young minds into creative thinkers that break out of the box and blow me away.
7. The small moments that I get to glimpse the future of my students. They may not be able to see the greatness yet, but I get small snapshots every now and then.
8. The relationships with families that continue years after students leave my room.
9. The students who have challenged my thinking, questioned my solutions, and pushed me to be better.
10. The students who have fought me tooth and nail, but in the end have made amazing things happen in their lives and the lives of others.
11. The opportunity to do what I love every single day.
It's not always easy to be a teacher, and it may not always be fun, but it is truly the best decision I've made in my life.