Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Currently

It's that time of the month again.  I look forward to the first of each month thanks to Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade and her Currently link up.
Listening:  to New Girl - I don't even know what it is about, but it is what the cool kids watch.  Love Zooey Deschenal and her quirky self.  One day I aspire to be like her.

Loving:  Here in the Upstate, the weather has been amazing.  Cold in the morning, but by recess time, it is clear and perfect.  Hasn't really helped with my weather unit, but I love it for convertible weather.

Thinking:  I have a meeting with our state superintendent in a couple of weeks and want to make sure I have something nice to wear.  However, I don't really like suits.  But, it would be a good investment, right?  Maybe a pair of new shoes would make me feel better.

Wanting:  My Christmas list is small this year, but it has a big punch - a pair of Frye Harness boots and a new North Face down jacket.  

Needing:  Another entire weekend to do everything that I haven't even taken out of the car.  I hate that I wait until Sunday, but cannot bring myself to work on Friday or Saturday.  Did you see that spacing mistake up there?  Bothers the heck out of me, but I don't want to take the time to fix it.  That's what kind of day it is in the house.

RAK:  Most amazing day today bringing my students to perform RAKs in the community.  It was the most rewarding experience ever.  We went to a busy shopping center and hit the sidewalks.  My students brought roses to hand out to ladies that were shopping at Talbots and the Loft.  We placed candy canes on car doors, held doors for people, and picked up Legos in Barnes and Noble.  My favorite part was when we hid $1 bills in children's books and stashed crayons on bookshelves.

I was amazed at my kiddos.  However, some people were not receptive and just downright rude.

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the idea of hiding $1 bills in children's books! I would be soo excited if I was a kid and found money in a book! Great idea! I am you newest follower!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are just grumpy Shasta!! We need to walk in the park soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shasta,
    Your blog is soo cute, I just found you and am your newest follower. I can relate - I want at least one more day this weekend. Ahh! Have a great week.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upstate.. Upstate New York?? Just wondering because that's where I'm from! :) I love your RAK. I love to see my kids excited about giving rather than receiving. Happy Holidays!

    Your Newest Follower-
    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always need an extra day or so to write lesson plans... why is that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...