Sunday, December 30, 2012

A New Year, A New Goal

I turned the computer off for an entire week and now I'm overwhelmed with everything that I have missed.  There are linky parties coming out of my ears.  However, in order to "balance" my life at this moment, I've chosen to ONLY participate in ONE linky party.  My friend Amanda from Teaching Maddeness gets that honor.  She is hosting a New Year's Resolution linky this year.

I'm a goal setter, but I have to be honest, I'm usually not a goal keeper.  I've had the same resolutions for the last 5 years, and I haven't met a single one of them. For shame! Those goals have been to eat better, workout more, etc.

Personal Goals
1.  Get back to running - I've never been super consistent, but since moving to a new school 2 years ago, I've completely slacked in the fitness department.  I work way too long and exercise way too less.  My school sits right on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, so theoretically, it should be easy to hit the pavement.  My goal is just to run 3-5 miles 3 times a week.  Should be doable.  I would love to be able to run the entire 5K distance.  I've completed 4 5K races, but I've had to walk in portions.

2.  Eat out less - Because my husband and I are extremely busy, it is so much easier to stop and get supper on the go.  I have to stop that immediately.  I will never be able to out exercise the food choices I make, so I need to be smarter.  Plan to utilize my crockpot more and my debit card less :)  If you have any ideas for simple meals, shoot them my way.

Professional
1.  Blogging - I've been hit or miss with sharing on my blog, but this year, I want to focus on sharing student work here.  I have LOADS of pictures that show what happens in my classroom, I just need to get them posted.

2.  Leave at a decent hour - I am guilty of staying until after 6:00 and then working ALL evening at home. I'm trying to focus on balance this year and I hope that I can leave earlier and put the computer away.  This was my goal at the beginning of the year with Amanda's first linky.  I was completely unsuccessful and NO ONE called me out other than my husband.  But, I have a student teacher this semester, so I'm hoping that I can work smarter.

Join Amanda for her New Year's Linky!
Teaching Maddeness

2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you girl.. In the goal setting department I get an A+++++++++ (I'm picturing Ralphie's dream with his teacher in A Christmas Story right now =]). However, I would probably get an F in the goal keeper department. Maybe we can stick to our resolutions as a bloggy community this year!! Whoop Whoop. Good Luck on being a Goal Keeper and Smasher this year, cause we are gonna stomp all over these goals like its our J-O-B! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored that out of ALLLLL the linky parties going on right now, you chose mine to participate in!! Thanks, girlie! I must start by saying that I am SUPA jealous that you had an entire week of NO COMPUTER!! I haven't done that in at least 6 years!! Sometimes I dream of a remote island. :)

    I can never get consistent with my running, either, but I'm determined this year! Maybe we can run on the Swamp after school sometime {maybe this spring?!} I'm sure you would STILL be at work by the time I got to that side of town, right!??? Perhaps I'll just show up there one day to CALL YOU OUT on still being at school!! You've definitely got to leave earlier...6pm and working ALL evening is just not good for you (I know I've been there!)

    Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...