So, this post is a little bit of a dump of all of the things that have been happening since Spring Break. I think that I am going to do this in a Five for Friday kind of style since I've been wanting to jump on that train as well. Hold on, it's about to get a bit crazy in here now.
So, Five for Friday is supposed to be random, so random I'll be.
1. Yesterday was my student teacher's last day in the classroom. It was a very emotional day for her, as well as for all of the kids. We had a reception at Clemson on Thursday evening and then spent most of the day celebrating her on Friday. I had a dad come in and create a video of the kids for her and it was a hit. Jordan, we wish you well on your journey. Looking at this pic I feel awfully frumpy. There was a time when I was the fresh faced 22 year old :)
2. Gluten Free cupcakes are not real cupcakes. For our celebration party, I chose to make cupcakes for my kids. I have 2 children who are gluten free so I spent a bit of time looking for a gluten free cake mix. This girl does not do scratch. Found one at Wal-Mart by Duncan Hines. You can't go wrong there, right? Well, they were different. I guess if you can't eat the real deal, these will do, but I can eat the real thing and these were not it. However, my GF kiddos who had them in class thanked me profusely for the most delicious cupcakes ever. It was great to see them smile when I placed it on their desk instead of an alternative. On a side note, that GF cake mix is $5. Not cheap.
3. Every night this week, with the exception of Friday, I arrived home after 7:00 pm. That's a stinking long day. I arrive at school around 6:30-6:45 and I work my fanny off until I leave. The year of those early arrivals is making me a tired woman. Not to mention all of the other end of the year things that need to be done.
4. QR Easter Egg Hunt - This is an oldie, but technically it counts as a 5 for Friday because I just found the pictures yesterday. They were on my cell phone. I created a fraction activity for students to review all of the standards for our fraction unit. I placed the QR codes on Easter Eggs and hid them on our hallway. Students used their iPads and the QRafter app (free) to find the problems and solve. The hunt was a huge success. We have done several QR activities since then. Next steps are to have the kids make their own QR activities. Can't wait until PASS is over so we can do this.
5. Currently - I'm totally cheating on my fifth random fact of the week, but I'm late to the party with Farley!
Listening/Loving: There are moments when silence is absolutely golden and today is one of those moments. I've been so stressed this week, that even the sound of the radio yesterday was getting on my nerves. I ditched my Saturday morning routine of catching up on television and replaced it with silence. My body has needed this moment of quiet. Exercise would probably do me good, but it is raining this morning and cold. Really wanting to go to bed instead.
Thinking: PASS testing begins on Tuesday and I pray to goodness that my kiddos are ready. I think that we all hold our breath this time of year. I've taught everything I can in as many ways as I know, but now it is up to them. I expect most to do well, but I know there are some who will get frustrated and guess. Crossing my fingers that the ones I know are able to push to exemplary will do so. Sure wish I could have another week to review :)
Wanting: I need a clone to do all of the things that I have scheduled for this week - packing boxes, 3 after school meetings, Testing, cleaning, cooking (Ha! That will be the first to go). I don't have enough hours to get it all done by myself.
Needing: Just a few hours with nothing to do!
Summer Bucket List: I'll be in training MOST of the summer - Common Core, Coaching, etc. So, this bucket list is my if I could, I would list. I am desperate to see my nieces in Louisiana. I saw them for just a few hours at my grandfather's funeral this spring and it broke my heart to see them cry as I left. I just need a few days with them all to myself. I want to just lay out on the deck of a lake or in a chair at the pool or even a quick trip to the beach, but not thinking that is in the cards. I have training 4 out of 6 weeks this summer. Need to exercise every day! I am so ready to get back to running, but I don't know if my knees and ankles are going to be up to the task. A friend wants to do the Music City Half Marathon, but if I had to run today, I don't think I would make it to the mailbox and back. Need to get in gear!
**Head over to Farley's spot on the web and check out the recent additions to the Currently page!
***Head over to Doodlebugs to check out the other 5 for Friday posts!