Friday, August 2, 2013

August Currently


Linking up with Farley again this month over at Oh, Boy 4th Grade!

Listening:  When we moved to Tennessee, we decided to forgo cable television.  it was all good when we were getting settled, but now our evenings are full of quite a bit of down time.  Enter in Netflix - DVD style.  No internet is available at our house unless it's through our Verizon Jet Pack, so no streaming movies.  We have resorted to watching a movie every night.  I'm not really into this one.  My husband chose it.  I don't think he's into it either.

Loving:  I stepped out of my role as a classroom teacher this year and instead I'm considered a Master Teacher - basically a coach on steroids.  Today was our very first day and while it was very difficult not having kids of my own, I loved going into all of the classes today and helping out.  I can't wait for the year to get started!

Thinking:  I really do need to clean.  I've been crazy busy and I haven't had the chance in the last week or so to do a deep clean.  That's on the list for tomorrow :)

Wanting:  A new pair of shoes is an essential for my school start, but I haven't found any I'm dying for yet.  I need comfort because I'm running all over the school, but also need a little style to them.  No frumpy shoes here girls!

Needing:  Desperately needing a vacation.  I didn't get a summer because school in SC let out late compared to TN and I started back in July. The time in between was full of extreme training - almost every day!  I just need a moment to recharge at the beach.

B2S:  Flair pens are my favorite for writing and grading - they spice it up a bit.  Sharpies are a given.  Along with new shoes, I always get a dress for the first day!

2 comments:

  1. Your new position sounds interesting. I am a TV junkie and would not be able to survive without cable and internet. Luckily my hubby is totally with me on this one. Hope you have a great year!

    Kristy
    The Phonics Phenomenon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great year! New positions can always be exciting. My family is considering shutting off our cable..thankfully we have great internet service!
    Amanda


    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...