Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Google Apps...

This year my district has become a Google Education district.  I am so excited about the possibilities that are now available to me through Google.  So, as I learn how to navigate new pieces of Google, I want to share those with you during our Technology Tuesdays.

I've been playing with the apps of the summer and I have to say they are easier to navigate than anything else I've done.  Prior to Google, I used several different providers to accomplish everything that Google does.

Our district websites were hosted by a separate site, email was separate, storage of documents was either on my computer (learned the hard way that when your hard drive dies, so does your storage) or dropbox, pictures in Flickr, etc.  Now everything is in Google.  I've even started using Google Docs as opposed to Word because of the ease of dropping documents into my website.





Google is WAY more than just a search engine!  If you haven't explored, take a minute and do so.  The above pictures are just a SMALL sampling of all of the apps that are available.

How do I get started?
In order to embrace the full capability of Google, you will need to have a Google account.  I've been using Google for my email for years now, so if you have a gmail account, you are good.  If not, go ahead and sign up for one and you have all of these wonderful tools at your fingertips!

Over the next few weeks, I'll be highlighting one Google App and how I use it to make teaching easier.  I'll also provide a few tips and tricks to help you and your students manage Google in the classroom.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...