Sunday, August 3, 2014

August....Yikes!

Hard to believe that it is already August 3rd!  I had great plans for this summer - remodeling my husband's grandmother's house.  We have tediously worked slowly and there has been progress, but we've only partially painted one room and the living room is still stocked with boxes.

It's time for Currently, though, so let's get on with it.


Listening:  My routine has been relaxing this summer to say the least.  Morning coffee, watch a bit hours of Netflix, go to lunch with my husband, and then come back to work a little on the house.  So, after watching the entire seasons of Dawson's Creek and Gossip Girl, I've been watching favorite movies.  Today is "The Devil Wears Prada."

Loving: I am so excited to get the new year started.  After a terrible experience last year, I'm thankful to return to the classroom with a group of students and in a building with phenomenal teachers who are all positive, willing to do anything for anyone, and work their fannies off.  I'm ready!

Thinking:  There are a ton of things I could and should do to speed this renovation along, but honestly, I don't feel like it yet.  I spent last night cleaning 8 solid wood doors. 4 of them were louvered closet doors and my fingers are still hurting from getting into each little slat to get 60 years of dirt and grime off of them.

Wanting:  I need the house to take care of itself.  Our goal was to have everything done by the 28th of July.  Didn't happen.  After 15 trips to the dump and Goodwill, we still aren't finished with emptying out grandma's stuff and moving ours in.  We've just started painting and it's taking forever!

Needing:  South Carolina gifts teachers across the state with $250 and I need it to get here.  I have a list of things I need to do, but need the money to buy supplies.

First Day is coming soon.  I can't wait for it to get here.

Go visit Oh, Boy 4th Grade with Farley and check out what everyone else is up to today!


1 comment:

  1. Hello :) I enjoy that movie and book as well! I’ve been meaning to read the sequel, Revenge Wears Prada, but I’ve only heard bad reviews :( Have you read it? I’m sorry to hear last year was horrible for you. This year sounds like it’s going to be AMAZING! And your state gives you money?!? Lucky girl! I wish TX would do that! I could really use it this year! I hope this year is WONDERFUL for you! Best of luck!

    Kasey H.
    http://misskcheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...