Thursday, June 11, 2015

Decompressing and Reflecting

This past year my blogging was sporadic to say the least.  I'm quite ashamed of my effort to share my classroom the last half of the year.  There was a lot of change in our grade level and a lot of slack needed to be picked up by my partner and myself.  So, I'm going to do a quick recap of everything that took place in hopes to catch you up on The Teacher's Loop.

here goes...
team leader goes out on leave and doesn't return; DisneyWorld field trip is in the middle of planning and has to be sorted; flash trip to Louisiana for Spring Break; testing season begins with a new test and new expectations - we had no idea what to expect; end of the year craziness - every field trip ended up being rescheduled to days within DW; Disneyworld trip with 83 people; awards day, field day, 5th grade day, and the end of school!

I'm exhausted and it's taking a few days to decompress from the pace at the end of the year.  I know I'm not alone in the awkward transition from school to summer.  It's hard to turn off school me and find summer me, but I'm trying.  Though, in all honesty, I've booked myself pretty solid this summer with curriculum writing for the local science center, writing for our school, and teaching summer school.  What's new though?!  I work best when I have a bunch of irons in the fire.

I do have goals for this blog though this summer, thanks to my friend over at Tales From a 4th and 5th Grade Teacher, Patti.

I plan to set aside one hour every day to blog this summer.  I want to share my plans for the upcoming school year (I'm super excited and my husband has me drawing shop drawings so he can build) and to share my heart for teaching and my students.

Thank you for sticking with me and still reading.

~Shasta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...