Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Eve of 40

I'm taking a weekend break from writing about all things teaching for now.  Today is Saturday and I am on the weekend eve of my 40th birthday.  For the record, I feel much younger than 40 and don't know how I arrived here so quickly.  It seems like just yesterday that I was the baby of my grade level and now I am the most senior member.  I'm the old one - one of the oldest in my building.  So, I thought it only fitting to do a tribute to the year 1975!  It was a good one!

Source


In 1975, Space Mountain opened in Walt Disney World for the very first time.  I think it fitting that I was able to ride Space Mountain for the very first time myself on its 40th birthday.


Bic introduced the very first disposable razor!

Source

And aren't we all glad things have improved since this little guy?

Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded Microsoft!

Source

Some days I'm thankful and others I'm not.

In 1975, this gem made its debut....

Source


Jaws was released and soared to the number one spot!

Source


And, The Captain and Tenille released this little baby!



I'd say that 1975 was a pretty good year!  So to all my fellow 40 year olds, here's to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...