Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's August!!!

Oh my!  It is already August!  Hard to believe that summer is pretty much gone.  Short post today as I link up with Farley over at Oh Boy! 4th Grade!  I love that she hosts this link up every month.  It's one of my faves!



I had a hard time finding things to binge watch on Netflix this summer - hard to believe right?  But, I landed on Freaks and Geeks this week - 2 weeks before school starts.  So far so good.

My dear husband knows the way to my heart is shoes.  Every year that we have been married, he has purchased me shoes for my birthday.  This year he hit it out of the park with my new Birkenstocks.  Hippie shoes, yes.  But, oh my word they are comfortable.  I've worn them every single day this summer.  My poor feet will not know what to do when school starts.  I always hate that adjustment.

I am taking a new position this year and so I don't have a classroom to get ready for students.  Honestly, I don't know what my space will look like because I am a coach.  So, I'm getting my office ready at home.  With that is a huge list of things to purchase - shelves, paint, rug, you know the drill.

I've taught summer school ALL summer, so there has been no vacation for me.  We are taking a quick day trip down to Charleston next week for a blogger meet up and then a flying run up the coast to Myrtle Beach to meet our great nephew for a few hours.  That is a lot of driving for a day trip.  Hopefully, when we have a few days in October we will be able to get away for a few days.

As a coach this year, I know it will be important to praise teachers for the amazingness I see in their classrooms.  So, I plan on making that a focus this year.  I know I'd appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Found you through the linky! I'm watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix now (for the millionth time). Freaks and Geeks might have to be my next binge watch!

    I live just north of Myrtle Beach, I'm sure that you'll have a blast! Enjoy your trip!

    Liz
    Beach Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to meet you at the meet up! I was a Coach in my building this past year. Are you a SC Read to Succeed coach?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...