Thursday, December 26, 2013

13 in '13

As the year comes to a close, I'm taking a minute to reflect - nothing serious, I promise.  I'm linking up with 3 fabulous ladies: Kristin, Traci, and Miss Kindergarten for their 13 in 13 Linky.  I'm liking this kind of reflection the best right now in my fast paced life :) I have been terrible about taking pictures, so I'll add what I can.




13. Favorite Article of Clothing
This year I had to purchase quite a bit of clothing because I changed schools.  In my former school, teachers were only allowed to wear navy, khaki, white or light blue, so all of my clothes were those colors - boring! Over the last few years, I haven't purchased anything that wasn't the right color, so this year, I broke out of the mold and went for color and pattern.  But, I'm a comfort girl at heart.  My favorite article of clothing this year was a flannel shirt from Old Navy.  Truth be told, I also have a black and white gingham oxford that I wear all the time, but flannel seemed so much more interesting :)

Source

12. Favorite movie you watched:
Not really a movie, but a 2 disc mini-series, that I watched this year was North and South - not the Civil War series, but the British novel.  It is in the same vein of Pride and Prejudice and was amazing.  Mr. Thornton is running a tight race with Mr. Darcy now in my opinion. The BBC puts out some amazing shows these days.

Source



11. Favorite TV series:
Since moving to Tennessee, we have done without cable television - for 6 months now.  That's an accomplishment in and of itself, but we have completely taken advantage of Netflix.  My dear friend, Amanda, at Teaching Maddeness, introduced me to Dexter through her blog and now I can't get enough.
Source


10. Favorite restaurant:
I don't really have one of these because I like most restaurants.  So, going to skip it for now.

9. Favorite new thing you tried:
Coconut oil!  I'm using it as a makeup remover, moisturizer, hair conditioner, lip balm, and so many more things.  It's kind of pricey, but for as many uses that it has, it's well worth it.  I haven't tried to cook with it yet, but that's coming.


8. Favorite gift you got:
My favorite Christmas gift is the handmade red and white quilt that my mother sent to me this year.  She has been working on it for years and finally finished it.  I don't have it set up yet in the guest room, so no pictures.

7. Favorite thing you pinned:
I can't narrow it down to just one thing, but something I've pinned recently that I have been playing around with is addressing envelopes.  I know - handwritten envelopes!  I love the fanciness of it all and I'm seriously contemplating taking a calligraphy course to learn how to do this well.


6. Favorite blog post:
Gah!  I can't play favorites here at all, but my favorite to write is the Currently series from Farley!

5. Best accomplishment: I guess the biggest accomplishment this year is making it through the first half of the school year as a Master Teacher in a new school and a new state.  It hasn't been easy at all.  It's been down right ugly some days and there have been many tears shed and second guesses of this change.  But, I've made it and plan to continue making it.

4. Favorite picture:
It's not from 2013, but it represents a life long dream! I got to hang out with Ron Clark for an entire day when he visited my district last year.  Not just sitting in a row listening to him, but as his personal host.  He even mentioned me in his talk.  It was fabulous!  Now to get to RCA to visit on his campus.


3. Favorite memory:
My 20th high school reunion was this year and it was fabulous.  I spent the entire weekend catching up with friends I hadn't seen in 20 years.  It was amazing!


2. Goal for 2014:
To have a presence on TPT.  I've got an account, now just to add product.  Biggest obstacle - TIME.

1. One Little Word: Enjoy
Enjoy the journey, enjoy the process, enjoy the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...