Friday, July 11, 2014

Five For Friday!

I'm linking up with Doodlebugs over on her blog for the Five for Friday link up!  I haven't slept yet so, I figured I might as well pump out a blog post since I went missing this week.  I do apologize for that.  I just wasn't inspired.  I have a few things coming up this week though, so stay tuned.


Sunday hubs and I went to explore some of the tourist attractions in our new town.  We ventured to the Ninety-Six Historical Site.  This was the site of the longest land sieges in the American Revolution.  The park was absolutely beautiful and reminded me of Williamsburg.  We walked the 1 mile loop and the 1.5 mile nature trail.  We only saw 2 baby toads. 




Since moving back to SC, I've been motivated to walk every day.  I wish it was a run, but my knee and ankle aren't handling it very well.  Hubs and I take Taku, our JRT, out every evening and walk a little over a mile.  They then go in and I pump out another mile or so.  There were a few days last week when I walked 2.5 in the morning and then another 2.5 in the evening.  I feel so much better doing this on a regular basis.  There have been a few nights where I only did a mile, but something is better than nothing, right?!



I've been having a blast participating in the Blog Hoppin 2014 Scavenger Hunt! Thanks ladies for creating a fun event to keep us occupied this summer.




I moved back to my former district and had to participate in NEW TEACHER ORIENTATION!  Torturous!  After the benefits portion, I did get to leave early, but still.  It counted as professional development so I counted it as a scavenger hunt find!




In April I became a Noonday Collection consultant and I'm getting ready to close out my first season. If you aren't familiar with the collection, it is a powerful business that provides a marketplace for artisans in developing, impoverished, challenged countries to make a better life for themselves.  All of the pieces are handmade and absolutely beautiful.  I've spent this week preparing my sample sale and awaiting the new line release.  You will love it!  




That's all for this week.  I'll spending the upcoming days pulling up carpet, creating classroom items, and enjoying the lake. Have a great Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I live in South Carolina too! I moved to the Charleston area last year from Georgia!
    Love all the history, closeness to beach, and fun things to do with the fam!
    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...