Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It {July 14}

This week, we started work on our house.  Purging things from grandma that have been in the house since 1960. Needless to say, there was A LOT of stuff that needed to be gone through.  We've found countless decorative plates, scores of boxes of ballroom dancing shoes, clothes, etc.  So, what better way to get the house stuff done than to work on school stuff, right?  Because I dread pulling up carpet and wiping down walls, I decided to work on classroom stuff.  I also had a couple of nights this week where I was up all night.  One night I was awaiting the launch of the Noonday Collection's fall line that was released at midnight - a few cups of coffee made it an all nighter.  The other, I just stayed up and worked, watched movies, walked at 6:45 am.  So, I got a few things done.  Nothing elaborate.

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics to share what I accomplished this week.


I found this pin on Pinterest in one of my all night work sessions. I can't find the original source, so if it is you.  Thank you! I am always looking for more appropriate roles for my groups that are more 21st century geared.  I also want each role to have the same amount of accountability.  At one time I used a timekeeper, but that didn't really accomplish the goals of the group, so I nixed it for other things.  My favorite thing about these roles were the sound bites that the original creator created.  I'll be honest here, I liked what she did so much that I just created a different style of document and rephrased the questions.  








I decided to update my Love and Logic Classroom expectations to match the role cards as well.  These will hang from ribbon at the front of my classroom.









All polka dot papers were created by The Clipart Factory.  You can find them on TPT

Head over to 4th Grade Frolics to see what everyone else is up to this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...