Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Made It: July 6

Warning...I wasn't very productive this week. But, I'm still linking up what I was able to accomplish. I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics again this week.  I'm in the process of a major classroom redo. It's all centered on the decor, but some of it is time intensive.


Our district requires all elementary teachers to have a word wall posted in the classroom that is easily visible.  This year I created new letter headings using the Cricut.  My theme is a Superhero theme, but I wanted longevity for my headings that would allow me to use them for several more years.  So, this is what I came up with so far.  For the last 4 years I've bought the exact same pad of scrapbook paper and used it for various ideas.  I'm loving my new letter headings.



In addition to new word wall headings, I redid my group signs.  This was done on the Cricut as well.  My thoughts were to make these look somewhat like a bat signal.  I'll hang these over each group.  This helps me stay organized with materials each day.  I sort papers by groups and have stacks ready at the beginning of the day.  It also helps me send groups to bathrooms, library, etc.  

Not a whole lot accomplished, but I'm getting there.  I start summer school next week and will work right up until the start of school.  Here's to hoping that I am more motivated. 

Head on over to 4th Grade Frolics

1 comment:

  1. Love my cricut too! What a time saver! Hero theme is so popular- I just told another blogger that it was my library's summer reading program theme and they did such neat things with it (books, capes, etc.) Let me know if you want the specifics.

    mybrightbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...