Saturday, August 18, 2012

3-2-1 Blast Off!

It's almost time for me to officially start work.  I've been in my classroom for the last 2 weeks and thought I would have pictures to share, but not yet.  Monday is Meet the Teacher and kids join me on Wednesday.  Time is ticking!  As the summer comes to a close, I'm joining up with 4321...Teach for a linky party.

3-2-1 Linky Party...

3 Favorite Summer Memories

2 Favorite Things About Back to School

1 Career you would like to try if not a teacher

3 Favorite Summer Memories

  1. Hands down, the number one event would be my trip to Williamsburg, Virginia.  I stayed in a colonial house, ate colonial food, and immersed myself in all things Colonial America.  Loved EVERY minute of it.

2.  Girls Trip to Gatlinburg, TN - One long weekend + 3 high school girlfriends + 18 years of memories since we last had a slumber party = heaven!  It was so great to gather together with my girls for a Disconnected Weekend - no cell service, no television, no facebook or wireless was divine.  The weekend was MUCH needed and treasured!

3.  My iPad Classes - This summer I was given the opportunity to teach several iPad workshops for teachers in my district.  While it took my summer vacation, it was so worth it to gather with teachers who were there by choice and very excited to learn.  I can't wait to do it again if given the chance.

2 Back to School

1.  Setting up My classroom - I LOVE decorating my room for a new crop of kiddos each year.  I've kept some things the same over the last 6 or so years (black fabric on boards, bright colors, etc.) but I try to add new elements each year.  I have to make my room a happy place for me since I spend so much time there, but I always make the focus my kids.

*Just a preview - more to come this week!

2.  Back to School Shopping - school supplies and clothes are always fun to shop for!  I start early in the summer picking up school supplies.  The first thing I usually purchase are composition notebooks.  But, I can't resist a new pack of Sharpies or Dry Erase markers.  And, there is NOTHING in the world like a freshly opened box of crayons.

3. One Career

If I could choose an alternative career, it would have to be a travel writer for a magazine or website.  I would love to travel the world and write reviews for hotels, restaurants, etc.  Cheney and I love to travel  and I would love to experience the obscure out of the way places and get paid for it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up. :) I would love to go to Williamsburg, VA. I love history and learning about what America once was. I taught fifth grade for years and always thought visiting some of those historic sites would only enrich my teaching.

    Good luck on Monday and throughout your school year.

    Antoinette and EmilyK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...