Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board....Again!

For the 9th time in 12 years, I am changing grade levels again!  This year I will be moving from 2nd grade to 4th grade.  I'm excited for the change and I really don't mind changing grade levels.  I think over the last 12 years, changing every 2 years or so has kept me fresh - really fresh.  With a grade level change comes a new classroom.  My classroom is BRAND NEW!  I will be the first inhabitant.  I am moving from the 2nd floor of our building to the 3rd floor.  Our school opened 2 years ago with just grades K-2.  Last year we added 3rd grade and this year we are adding 4th.

 But, with a new classroom, it means starting over.  I am hoping to go into my room next week to do a few things, but my time is limited.  Next week I will be returning from the mountains, teaching 2 technology classes, meeting with a student book club, and leaving for the Teacher Institute at Colonial Williamsburg.  Usually, by this time, I have some things already done.  Fortunately, everything is ORGANIZED in cabinets because I moved before school was over.

Here are the before shots. 




Hopefully, more pictures will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...