Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wow to Williamsburg...

This past week I have been in Colonial Williamsburg with the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute. One word sums it up...AMAZING! We spent the week completely immersed in all things 18th century (before the Revolution = British colony). I lived in a colonial house on Duke of Gloucster Street that Thomas Jefferson stayed in, we Led the streets George Washington and John Adams strolled, and ate in taverns where all 3 dined. To say it was overwhelming to experience that much history would be an understatement. At this moment, I am sitting on the floor in the Charlotte, North Carolina airport waiting for my flight home. Look for upcoming posts about my experience and ideas for your classroom in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...