Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wow!

This morning afternoon when I opened my email, I had a sweet email from Mrs. Kidd over at Hanging Out in Third Grade!  She is a recent follower to The Loop and had chosen to award me with my first award - The Versatile Blogger award.  I felt very special!  Thank you Mrs. Kidd for choosing me! 


With this award, there are a few requirements to follow when receiving this award:

1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you.
     Mrs. Kidd, this was the best thing to wake up to this morning.  Since I've only been blogging for a few    
    weeks now, it really meant a lot.

2. Include a link to their blog site.

3.  Include the award image on your blog. 
     I've included it above, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get it into my sidebar.  Help a friend
     out if you know.

4.  Give 7 random facts about yourself.
     1.  I planted 20 tomato plants this spring just in case a few died because I don't have a green thumb. 
     Well, now I am picking at least 15 tomatoes a day.  I have tomatoes coming out of my ears.  This
     morning I peeled and cut 30 to stew in the crock pot, only to have 40 more sitting in the kitchen. 

     2.  This weekend I am heading to the mountains with girlfriends from high school.  I haven't seen one for
    almost 20 years!  Gah!  Has it really been that LONG!

    3.  My worst habit in the summer is staying up until 3 or 4 AM and sleeping until noon.  I thought I had
    curbed that this year because I worked the first part of the summer, but this week I've stayed up late.

    4.  However, I have been cleaning while up late at night.  This week I cleaned all of the closets out at 2
    AM.

    5.  I am currently obsessed with my iPad.  I would love to work for Apple or become an Apple
     Distinguished Educator, or I don't know, be a facilitator in my district.

    6.  I am spending a week as a teacher scholoar in Colonial Williamsburg in 2 weeks and I dread having
    to wear socks and shoes the most.

    7. Yesterday was the first day that I had worn real shoes all summer - shoes that had closed toes.  Most
    of the time I wear flip flops or go barefoot (not in public).


5.  Nominate 15 other blogs for this award.  Wowzer!  I don't know if I have 15. Most of the blogs that I
     follow have already received this award.  So I only have 4...



2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! We have 23 tomato plants! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shasta!! I'm getting an iPad soon and I'm so excited!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I Don't Have the Answers...

It's taken me all weekend to begin to process what happened in Parkland, Florida.  I put it aside and compartmentalized it until I...