1. Hubs and I were engaged after just ONE date! We met in Alaska, talked on the phone for about 6 months, saw one another for about 12 hours where he met my family, and were engaged the next day on an airplane somewhere between Baton Rouge and Dallas.
3. That same year, I experience a 7.5 earthquake during the school day. It was quite terrifying given the fact that we lived at the base of Mt. Rainier.
4. I live in the South, but I think I was misplaced. If given a choice as to where I would live, I would choose the Oregon coast hands down.
New Year's Resolutions Linky
My blog friend, Amanda, over at Teaching Maddeness is hosting a New Year's Resolution linky this week. Like her, I normally don't make resolutions. I have a very difficult time keeping them. I am really good for a few days, but then I completely fall off of the wagon. But, I do a little goal setting for the new school year.
This year I plan to...
1. Disconnect by 7:00 pm each night. I have a bad habit of staying on the computer, iPad, etc. until it is time to go to bed. This year, I am planning on unplugging early to spend quality time with the hubs.
2. Leave the building by 5:30 pm. I did NOT do this last year. My day began EARLY - I was in the building at 6:30 and very often stayed until almost 7 and sometimes later. Terrible, terrible, terrible! I had NO life last year. I plan on reclaiming it this year. That means working smarter.
3. Do ALL Grading in the building. This may be hard for me to do, but I plan on maximizing all of my time - all of those planning periods, early mornings, etc.
I refuse to make any more than 3 because that is just too many for me to handle. Join us over at Amanda's to share your resolutions.